Saturday, June 25, 2011

I've got a Thankful Heart

Thursday, Andre and I went to the city to choose our wedding rings. We went to the same jeweler that he bought the engagement ring from. Obviously I wasn't there with him when he did that, so I was trying to picture how this place looked. He warned me- "It's a wholesale jeweler not a jewelry store" but nonetheless I pictured a Street front window, bright store with millions of rings on display.... What I got was a huge surprise. A teeny tiny little room on the 15th floor of a high rise, 2 doorbells to be buzzed in, a dark room with a HUGE safe. Not how I pictured it, however the guy was amazing. He was patient with me since I had NO clue what kind of ring I wanted, and I wanted to try them ALL on with the e-ring. I fell absolutely in love with a platinum eternity band with diamonds and sapphires alternating all the way around. Turns out the ring was already EXACTLY in my size. All he had to to was shine it up for us and I got to take it home that day! Andre picked out an 18K white gold comfort fit band. He can pick up his on Monday. The jeweler also gave us an amazing price since we paid wholesale for it and not retail. What a blessing. Thank you God for John the jeweler.

After we got the rings we met with the Best man, and 2 groomsmen for some drinks and snacks. We chatted about the wedding and I started getting so excited and that feeling that it's real sank in. When we got home I told Andre that I am so thankful for his friends. They are so kind and loving and supportive. Thank you God for Izzy, John and Brian.

Also on my heart right now, is to be thankful for my coworkers. I left a job back in November and was hesitant about starting a new job with new people and everything. But my current job has SO MANY christians! I didn't work with a single Christian in my previous job and it has been AMAZING to just be able to talk to my coworkers candidly about the work the Lord is doing in us. I am so thankful for them.
    Psalm 107:1 (NIV) "Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment