Saturday, June 18, 2011

Keeping busy

I got my first pedicure for the summer season this morning (yay summer has FINALLY arrived in NY!!). I got all primped up and Andre and I went to NJ for our friends C and N's engagement party. I am so glad these two are finally deciding to get married! They dated for 11 years and are just the cutest couple! Andre and I are the first couple of all our friends to get married- but it seems that we have started a trend. Since we got engaged, two couples followed suit, and two more guys are starting their ring shopping. It's so exciting to see all of our friends growing at the same pace we are. After our wedding, we're going to need to go to many other weddings, and it's just so much fun. Wedding conversations constantly-what more can a girl ask for!?

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day. We'll be heading up to early morning service at church. Going straight into Manhattan to visit with Andre's grandfather and give him his father's day gift- then traveling an hour into long island to spend dinner and the evening with Daddy and do the same for him.

We are so blessed to both have such loving families. I'm still getting used to splitting/sharing all the holidays, but we've been doing it since we got engaged. We hosted Easter which was really exciting, and I am really looking forward to hosting more holidays in the future so both families can be together (which is good for so many reasons, and everyone gets along so well!)

Tonight's reminder is about staying too busy. Between working, exercise, cooking, visiting families, attending celebrations, church, fellowship etc. We can get too busy or tired. My reminder is to take time to give my burdens (of every kind) to God.

Matthew 11:28 ESVCome to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment